Allianz X GmbH Privacy Notice
We care about your personal data.
Allianz X GmbH (“Allianz X”) appreciates your visit to this website (“Allianz X Website”) and your interest in our company. Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable visiting our site. This privacy notice explains how and what type of personal data will be collected, processed and used during and following your visits to the Allianz X Website, why it is collected, with whom it is shared and your rights in this regard. Please read this notice carefully.
This privacy notice applies to any information obtained by Allianz X through your use of the Allianz X Website. It does not apply to any websites controlled by third parties not affiliated with Allianz X that the Allianz X Website may link to (“Third Party Sites”). Please review the privacy notices of Third Party Sites as Allianz X is not responsible for and has no influence on the content or the privacy practices of Third Party Sites.
The terms of this privacy notice are subjected to any additional terms, disclaimers or other contractual terms you have entered into with Allianz X such as client privacy notices, and any applicable mandatory laws and regulations.
This privacy notice may be updated from time to time, please do check it on a regular basis.
1. Who is the data controller?
A data controller is the individual or legal person who controls and is responsible to keep and use personal data in paper or electronic files. Allianz X GmbH is the data controller as defined by relevant data protection laws and regulations.
2. What personal data will be collected?
When you visit the Allianz X Website, our web server automatically records details about your visit including:
• IP address;
• the website from which you visited us;
• the type of browser software used;
• the Allianz X Website pages that you visit; and
• the date and duration of your visit to the Allianz X Website.
We will also collect and process various types of personal data in the context of Media Inquiries, Investment Pitches and Career Inquiries, including:
• Surname, first name, title;
• Date of birth;
• Contact details;
• Role of contact person;
• Application data, including cover letter, resume and references;
• Company name, business or profession.
3. How will we use your personal data?
Allianz X will use your personal data for the following purposes:
• for technical administration, research and development of the Allianz X Website;
• for customer and user administration and marketing;
• to establish or maintain business relationships;
• to respond to media inquiries;
• to respond to career inquiries;
• to conduct research and analysis with regard to our business relations;
• for fraud prevention and detection;
• to comply with any legal obligations (e.g. tax, accounting and administrative obligations).
For the purposes indicated above, we will process personal data we receive about you from public and commercial databases and from you by sending us an email or filling in the form on the Allianz X Website.
We will inform you where we require your consent to process your personal data. Otherwise, we will process your personal data to meet our legitimate business interests (including maintaining contact with clients, responding to media inquiries, providing updates and information about Allianz X, organizing and hosting events, and conducting market research and analysis) or where it is needed to comply with a legal obligation. In addition, we may also process your personal data to enter into a contract with you, or to perform our obligations under an existing contract with you.
Allianz X respects applicable laws and regulations in its use of personal data.
4. Are cookies used on the Allianz X Website?
Tracking technology helps us manage and improve the usability of the Allianz X Website, for example by detecting whether there has been any contact between your computer and us in the past and to identify the most popular sections of the Allianz X Website.
Based on a more detailed description on the usage of cookies, our Cookies Management Tool helps you to manage your cookie preferences including providing consent. The link to the respective Cookies Management Tool can be found below. You can withdraw your consent to the usage of certain cookies any time using the above mentioned tool.
When you save your cookie settings, they should also apply to your future visits to the Allianz X Website. However, for technical reasons beyond the control of Allianz X, this cannot be guaranteed. For example, if you reset your browser, delete your cookies or access the Allianz X Website from another browser or device, your cookie settings may be lost. To comply with applicable laws and regulations, in some countries you may be asked to confirm your cookie settings when you first visit the Allianz X Website. If you are in a country where you are automatically required to set your cookie settings, you may be asked to set them again on a future visit.
In many cases you can also control tracking technologies using your browser. Please ensure that your browser setting reflects whether you wish to be warned about and/or accept tracking technologies (such as cookies) where possible. The specific capabilities of your browser and instructions on how to use them can usually be found in the manual or help file of your browser.
Allianz X Website uses the following third party tracking technology:
5. How are social media links used on the Allianz X Website?
The Allianz X Website uses the following social media links:
• LinkedIn, operated by LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States;
• Twitter, powered by Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA;
• Medium, operated by A Medium Corporation, 799 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94103, United States.
Purpose: The links to LinkedIn, Twitter and Medium allow Allianz X Website visitors to visit Allianz X’s profiles on those sites and easily share Allianz X content with their followers. Allianz X publishes media releases on Medium, which can be accessed through the link “Our Stories” in the navigation menu, and posts on LinkedIn and Twitter, which can be accessed via the links in the footer.
The social media links to LinkedIn and Twitter are indicated with the brand name and/or logo of the respective operator, i.e. LinkedIn or Twitter (each an “Operator”). To increase the level of data protection and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, we have implemented the additional programs by means of a so-called consent-solution. This procedure ensures that when you visit the Allianz X Website, no direct connection of your browser to the servers of the Operator or Medium is established. Only if you visit the website of the Operator or Medium, your browser will establish a direct connection to the server of the Operator or Medium. The content of the social media provider is then transmitted by the Operator or Medium directly to your browser.
By granting your consent in the cookie consent preferences or by clicking the direct link to the Operator or Medium, the Operator receives the information that your browser has accessed the Allianz X Website. If you logged in to your account with the Operator or Medium when you visited the Allianz X Website, the Operator or Medium can connect your visit to your account directly.
For more information on the purpose and scope of data collection, processing and use, please refer to the relevant privacy notices as listed below:
6. Who will have access to personal data collected through the Allianz X Website?
We will ensure that your personal data is processed in a manner that is compatible with the purposes specified above. For the specified purposes, your personal data may be disclosed to the following parties who operate as third party data controllers:
• Other Allianz Group companies;
• Authorized agents and third party service providers.
For the stated purposes, we may also share your personal data with the following parties who operate as data processors under our instruction:
• Other Allianz Group companies;
• Authorized agents, service providers, research analysis agencies; and
• Facilitators, consultants or experts managing communications and Allianz X-sponsored events.
Finally, we may share your personal data in the following instances:
• With law enforcement agencies, government and regulatory bodies to meet applicable legal or regulatory obligations.
7. Where will collected personal data be processed?
Your personal data may be processed both inside and outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) by the parties specified above, subject always to contractual restrictions regarding confidentiality and security in line with applicable data protection laws and regulations. We will not disclose your personal data to parties who are not authorized to process them.
Whenever we transfer your personal data for processing outside of the EEA by another Allianz Group company, we will do so on the basis of the binding corporate rules (BCRs) of Allianz known as the Allianz Privacy Standard (APS) which establish adequate protection for personal data and are legally binding on Allianz Group companies. The public version of the APS and the list of Allianz Group companies that comply with them can be accessed via the links provided at the bottom of this privacy notice.
Where the Allianz Privacy Standard does not apply, we will instead take steps to ensure that the transfer of your personal data outside of the EEA receives an adequate level of protection as it does in the EEA. You can find out what safeguards we rely upon for such transfers (for example, Standard Contractual Clauses where an adequacy decision by the European Commission does not exist) by contacting us as detailed below.
8. What are your rights in respect of your personal data?
Where permitted by applicable law or regulation, you have the right to:
• Access your personal data held about you and to learn the origin of the data, the purposes and means of the processing, the details of the data controller(s), the data processor(s) and the parties to whom the data may be disclosed;
• Withdraw your consent at any time where your personal data is processed with your consent;
• Update and correct your personal data so that it is accurate;
• Delete your personal data from our records if it is no longer needed for the purposes indicated above;
• Restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, e.g. where you have contested the accuracy of your personal data, for the period enabling us to verify its accuracy;
• Obtain your personal data in an electronic format;
• File a complaint with us and/or the competent EEA data protection lead supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement; and
• object to us processing your personal data, or tell us to stop processing it (including for purposes of direct marketing).
9. What security measures have we implemented to protect your information collected through the Allianz X Website?
Allianz X has implemented reasonable technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data collected by Allianz X via the Allianz X Website against unauthorized access, misuse, loss or destruction.
10. How do we treat electronic messages sent to and from Allianz X?
All electronic messages sent to and from Allianz X are protected by reasonable technical and organizational measures and may only be accessed in justified cases in line with applicable laws and regulations (e.g. court order, suspicion of criminal conduct, violation of regulatory obligations) to specific persons in defined functions (e.g. Legal, Compliance, Risk). Every step of the process, as well as the search criteria used, are logged in an audit trail. All emails are disposed of after the applicable retention period has expired.
11. What should you consider when sending data over the Internet?
The Internet is generally not regarded as a secure environment, and information sent via the Internet (such as to or from the Allianz X Website or via electronic message) may be accessed by unauthorized third parties, potentially leading to disclosures, changes in content or technical failures. Even if both sender and receiver are located in the same country, information sent via the Internet may be transmitted across international borders and be forwarded to a country with a lower data protection level than in your country of residence.
Allianz X does not accept responsibility or liability for the security of your information whilst in transit over the Internet to Allianz X. In order to protect your privacy you may choose another means of communication with Allianz X, where you deem it appropriate. Allianz X encourages you not to send or otherwise provide to Allianz X any personal data in an unsolicited manner.
12. How long is personal data retained for?
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary and we will hold it only for the purposes for which it was obtained.
13. How can you contact us?
If you have any queries about how we use your personal data, you can contact us by post or email via the details specified below:
Allianz X GmbH
Data Privacy Officer
Leopoldstr. 28 A
14. How often is this notice updated?
We regularly review this privacy notice. We will ensure the most up to date version is published here. This privacy notice was last updated on February 23, 2022.
The Allianz Privacy Standard constitutes Allianz’ Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs) and provides you with information on the rules governing the international transfer of personal data between Allianz Group companies operating in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Allianz Group companies outside that area.
The Allianz Privacy Standard also describes your rights in respect of such transfers, what to do if you want to exercise your rights or complain about such transfers, and how to contact us.
Allianz Group companies are required to implement the Allianz Privacy Standard. An up-to-date list of Allianz Group companies who have committed to comply with the Allianz Privacy Standard is available here: